In 2017, 3,788 associates, physicians, and board members chose to participate in philanthropy. More than $2.74 million in contributions were received from these individuals, benefiting our patients, their families and the communities we serve. Over $1.76 million was pledged to be paid in calendar year 2018 and beyond.
2,765 associates and physicians chose to make a philanthropic investment through the Giving 2017: The Power to Heal Campaign. Funds contributed went to support and enhance a variety of patient experience initiatives across MedStar Health.
Click here to learn about the projects and programs that we supported.
Gratitude has the Power to Heal
We will celebrate our growing culture of gratitude by creating awareness about philanthropy and how it can impact our patients and their families. Expressions of gratitude have been shown to increase positivity and happiness, deepening our relationships with one another.
Roz Blanton, patient service associate, first met Donna Stevens BSN, RN, multi-site director of Patient Care Services while she was a member of the environmental services department, directly supporting Donna’s unit. A student of the School at Work Program, Roz situated herself perfectly for a new secretarial position under Donna’s direction. A member of the first graduating class of this program, Roz successfully transitioned into her new role and flourished, taking ownership over projects and stepping up to help with different responsibilities outside of her usual job description. Roz is incredibly grateful for her new role, “If it wasn't for Donna, I wouldn’t be where I am today. She took a chance on me and gave me a life changing opportunity”.
Ways to Participate
Choose the option that’s best for you.
- One-year payroll deduction: begins on the next available pay date – minimum of $2 per pay period required.
- One-time payroll deduction: total gift identified below will be deducted on the next available pay date - minimum of $5 total payroll deduction - please use the printable form
- One-time gift: credit card, cash, or check
Gifts of Gratitude
Make Your Gift in Gratitude to a Colleague!
Did you know gratitude has the Power to Heal? This is true for our patients, their families and even our associates. The Power to Heal campaign is your opportunity to make a gift in gratitude to an associate who has made an impact on you. Once a commitment is made, you will receive an email with the Gifts of Gratitude eCard where you can express your gratitude to your honoree with a personal note. If a gift has been made in your honor by a colleague on their commitment form, you will be notified after the campaign.
Choose to make a Gift of Gratitude online or via the printable commitment form today!
A new commitment form must be submitted each year; please complete the online form:
Or download the printable version and return it via:
- Email to [email protected].
- Mail to: Office of Philanthropy, MedStar Union Memorial Hospital, 201 E. University Pkwy., Baltimore, MD 21218.
- Drop off: 33rd St. Prof. Bldg., Rm. 345.
- Frequently Asked Questions – learn more about the Power to Heal Campaign.
- Giving to United Way of Central Maryland - You may choose to direct some or all of your gift to the United Way of Central Maryland through your participation in this campaign. Learn more about giving to United Way of Central Maryland. For information on designating a gift to the United Way gift, call Jean Sonni at 410-772-6670.
Questions? Contact Lea Kurek, philanthropy associate, at 410-554-2662 or via email at [email protected].