At MedStar Health, our gynecologists coordinate care with your primary care physician to make sure you receive the best care over the long term. MedStar Health's gynecology services include all aspects of routine gynecologic care, with a focus on wellness and prevention.
Our specialists diagnose and treat such conditions as:
- Abnormal uterine bleeding
- Pelvic pain
- Premenstrual syndrome
- Uterine growths and ovarian cysts
- Urinary disorders
Our gynecology services include:
- Disease prevention: wellness education, seminars, screenings, risk assessment
- Routine evaluation: annual well-woman visits
- Diagnostic evaluation: pelvic imaging, colposcopy, specialized workups, biopsies, ultrasound, hysteroscopy
- Comprehensive treatment: medical management, gynecologic surgery (including minimally invasive and laser surgery) to remove fibroids, abnormal growths, uterus, ovaries, cervix
- Menopause: hormone replacement therapy, bone density testing, heart testing
- Gynecologic oncology: treatment of cancers of the vagina, cervix, uterus, ovary, and vulva; genetic testing for women with a family history of ovarian cancer
- Gynecologic endocrinology: menstrual irregularities, hormone imbalances, inappropriate lactation, precocious and delayed puberty, hirsutism (excessive hair growth), infertility
- Gynecologic urology: incontinence, prolapse, bladder disorders, urologic cancers
We also have the resources and expertise to treat HIV-positive patients and other immunosuppressed patients.
Whenever possible, we offer services on an outpatient basis. When you do need to be admitted to the hospital, we have comfortable inpatient units that meet the special needs of our women patients.
- Gynecologic Surgery
- Incontinence Treatment and Pelvic Surgery
- Pelvic Prolapse
Call Us Today
To find a women's health specialist: