Cardiac Rehabilitation (Cardiac Rehab) is a medically supervised exercise program that helps improve the health and wellness of individuals with heart disease. Participating in a Cardiac Rehab program has been shown to increase a person’s chances of living longer following a heart event.
- Improve heart health in recovery from a heart attack or heart surgery
- Reduce your risk for future heart events, hospital stays, and other heart related complications
- Improve stamina, endurance, and overall strength
- Decrease weight, pain, and need for medications to treat your disease
- Decrease stress and provide emotional support during your recovery
- Improve quality of life by making it easier to work, take part in social activities, and stay independent
To learn more about Cardiac Rehabilitation at MedStar Union Memorial Hospital click on the links below:
Call Us Today
For more information or appointments, please call:
To find a heart specialist, call:
Download a Cardiac Rehab referral form for your physician.