MedStar Union Memorial Hospital is dedicated to fighting cancer in many ways. That’s why we take an active role in community outreach with a goal of creating greater awareness of cancer prevention and early detection.
We participate in community health fairs, run smoking cessation programs, provide individual and group education and support in a variety of settings, and offer free or low-cost screenings to eligible individuals as follows:
Breast and Cervical Cancer Screening:
The Baltimore City Breast and Cervical Cancer Program (BCCP) has been going strong since 2002. From the beginning, the BCCP has provided thousands of breast exams, mammograms and Pap tests to women in need.
The program provides free mammograms, breast exams and Pap tests screenings for women who are:
- Women aged 40 and older
- Uninsured or underinsured
- Limited income
- Resident of Baltimore City or Baltimore County
Early detection saves lives, so call 410-350-2066 to see if you qualify.
- Komen program to promote mammograms and assist with copays and transportation in women over age 40. Call 410-350-3444 for more information.
Lung Cancer Screening:
- Low dose, spiral 64-slice lung CT for ages 55 to 74 who are heavy smokers. Call 866-488-5864 for more information.
Colorectal Cancer Screening:
- Protect yourself against colon cancer with a free screening through the Baltimore City Colon Cancer Screening Program at MedStar Good Samaritan Hospital, MedStar Harbor Hospital, and MedStar Union Memorial Hospital. The program provides free colon cancer screening by colonoscopy for Baltimore City and Anne Arundel County residents ages 50 and older who are uninsured or underinsured and have limited income. Program funded by the Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DHMH), Maryland Cigarette Restitution Fund Program. Call 410-554-6590 for more information.
To find out more about our community outreach services or screening programs call 877-715-HOPE.
Call Us Today
To find a cancer specialist: