Our multidisciplinary teams work with patients to develop individualized treatment plans that revolve around their specific needs. Recommended treatments generally depend on the stage of cancer, whether it has spread and a patient’s health. Personal preferences are also an important factor.
Our Lung Cancer Program offers a full array of the most advanced treatment options available backed by the extensive experience of our specialists. They include:
- Radiation Therapy— stereotactic radiosurgery, 3D conformal, brachytherapy
- Chemotherapy— trials, biologics
- Surgery— minimally invasive techniques, palliative measures, endoscopic tumor therapy
- Pulmonology— stereotactic endoscopy, endoscopic ultrasound
MedStar Union Memorial participates in numerous ongoing lung cancer research studies that are open to eligible patients. In addition, as one of four hospitals in the MedStar Health Cancer Network, our patients have the opportunity to participate in a wide variety of other clinical trials. By participating in a clinical trial, you may benefit from a new treatment not yet available to others.
We understand the impact a cancer diagnosis has on a family. Our genetic counseling program provides comprehensive services to patients and family members concerned about the possibility of developing an “inherited” cancer.
We provide a wide range of support services to meet the emotional, spiritual and physical needs of patients and their families during and long after treatment. These services are part of the care we provide and are available at no extra cost to our patients.
To make an appointment for any of our services call 877-715-HOPE.
Low-Cost Lung Cancer Screening
Lung cancer has no symptoms in the early stages. Early detection is possible with a low-cost lung screening CT scan. The scan is painless and takes about five minutes. You may be a candidate if:
- You are between the ages of 55 and 77
- You have a smoking history of at least 30 pack-years (i.e. a pack of cigarettes per day for at least 30 years, or two packs a day for at least 15 years)
- You are either still smoking or quit less than 15 years ago
To schedule an appointment at a MedStar location near you, call 877-715-HOPE (4673).
Get the extra boost you need to quit for good. Our four-week course is taught by an experienced certified tobacco treatment specialist with a proven approach to smoking cessation. For more information, call 877-715-HOPE (4673).
Go back to Lung Cancer.
Call Us Today
To find a lung cancer specialist: