From routine exams and screenings to pre-admission testing and treatment to emergency care our patients, patients of the Lung Cancer Program at MedStar Union Memorial Hospital receive the highest quality of care from a compassionate and highly qualified oncology team.
Accredited by the American College of Surgeons (ACOS), our team approach to care gives patients access to the area’s top specialists—specialists who work together to customize treatment plans to meet the unique needs of each individual.
Our thoracic oncology program features:
- A Multidisciplinary Thoracic Oncology Clinic where patients consult with surgical, radiation and medical oncologists in one setting, discuss their treatment options on the day they are seen and collaborate in the development of an individualized treatment plan. Our cancer care navigator and genetic counselor are also available during the clinic.
- Access to cutting-edge treatments through participation in some of the most innovative clinical trials currently being conducted in the nation.
- The most up-to-date treatment modalities in radiation therapy, medical oncology, surgery and pulmonology.
- A dedicated, state-of-the-art thoracic Intensive Care Unit (ICU)
- Lung cancer screening and smoking cessation programs.
Our experienced cancer care navigator guides patients throughout the cancer journey, ensuring that they are seen in a timely fashion by the appropriate specialists while providing education and encouragement.
To make an appointment for any of our services call 877-715-HOPE.
Go back to Our Specialties.