At MedStar Union Memorial Hospital, our multidisciplinary approach to the diagnosis and treatment of colorectal cancer is personalized to ensure the best outcomes while taking into account each patient’s quality of life. Here you will find a team of cancer experts, supported by other highly trained professionals, who are focused on providing the most advanced care with the least impact.
Our board-certified surgeons specialize in the treatment of colorectal cancer, which translates into a remarkable depth of experience and skill. Minimally invasive laparoscopic surgeries can often be used, which results in less pain and faster recoveries than traditional surgeries.
Our colorectal cancer program features:
- A multidisciplinary colorectal cancer approach to discuss treatment options and develop an individualized treatment plan.
- Diagnostic and therapeutic colonoscopy.
- State-of-the-art technology to carefully diagnose and stage colorectal cancer, minimizing the time between screening and diagnosis so treatment can begin sooner.
- Open and laparoscopic surgical options.
- The opportunity to participate in innovative clinical trials offering patients cutting-edge treatments.
Patients are supported by our dedicated patient navigator, who guides them throughout the cancer journey, providing education and encouragement.
To make an appointment for any of our services call 877-715-HOPE.
Go back to Our Specialties.