The Breast Center at MedStar Union Memorial Hospital is dedicated to providing exceptional breast health services—services designed for the unique needs of our patients. From routine mammography screenings to the detection and treatment of breast cancer, our state-of-the-art facility, offers customized care from an expert team—all in one convenient location.
As one of few sites in the region and the country to participate in vaccine trials for breast cancer, the Breast Center at MedStar Union Memorial features advanced technology and cutting-edge treatment options. The Center offers a full array of services to support breast health including breast surgery, medical oncology, radiation oncology, clinical trials, genetic counseling, and a wide range of support services — all in one convenient location.
Here you will find patient-focused compassionate care delivered in a supportive, positive environment, the latest diagnostic technology and clinical services, and expedited appointments and results. Our team approach to care gives patients access to the area’s top specialists—specialists who work together to provide individualized treatment plans that meet the unique needs of each individual.
- A Multidisciplinary Breast Cancer Clinic where patients meet with surgical, radiation and medical oncologists in one setting, discuss their treatment options on the day they are seen and collaborate in the development of an individualized treatment plan.
- State-of-the-art technology to carefully diagnose and stage breast cancer, minimizing the time between screening and diagnosis so treatment can begin sooner. For abnormal screening results, a diagnostic mammogram, ultrasound and biopsy will be completed within 48 hours.
- The opportunity to participate in innovative clinical trials offering patients cutting-edge treatments. We are excited to be one of the few sites in the country, and the only site in the region, to participate in vaccine trials for breast cancer.
- Intraoperative radiation treatment (IORT), an innovative one-stop treatment option that makes it possible for select lumpectomy patients to receive the full course of radiation in the operating room immediately after surgery, eliminating the need for follow-up radiation therapy. Learn more about IORT at the MedStar Health Baltimore Cancer Network.
Our experienced associates act as navigators guiding patients throughout the cancer journey. They ensure that patients are seen in a timely fashion by the appropriate specialists and provide education, support and encouragement.
To make an appointment for any of our services or to speak with a breast center coordinator call 877-715-HOPE.
The Breast Center at MedStar Union Memorial Hospital has received a three-year/full accreditation from the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC)
Receiving care at a NAPBC-accredited center ensures that a patient will have access to:
- Comprehensive care, including a full range of state-of-the-art services
- A multidisciplinary team approach to coordinate the best treatment options
- Information about ongoing clinical trials and new treatment options
- Quality breast care close to home
"This accreditation is a testament to the high level of care we provide to our breast cancer patients,” said Maen Farha, MD, FACS, medical director of the Breast Center at MedStar Union Memorial. “From early diagnosis to cutting-edge treatment and the latest clinical trials, we are proud to offer our patients the strength and depth of a nationally recognized program designed to best meet their individualized needs.”
Watch Emily Kuchinsky, MS, certified genetic counselor with the MedStar Health Cancer Network explain a woman’s genetic risk for breast cancer.
Go back to Our Specialties.
Call Us Today
To find a breast cancer specialist:
The Breast Center at MedStar Union Memorial Hospital
3333 North Calvert St.
Johnston Professional Bldg
Baltimore, MD 21218