Totaling 5,000 square feet with a 2,500 square foot surgical skills training area, the STAT Lab can accommodate training needs for a wide array of surgical sub-specialties.
The conference room and lab area have interactive audio/visual connections to two of MedStar Union Memorial Hospital's OR suites. The STAT lab provides an ideal environment for training in innovative surgical techniques.
Participants can observe a real-time or recorded surgery on one of our flat-panel monitors conveniently positioned throughout the training area.
Surgical Training Resources
The lab offers flexibility in a personal setting and a highly experienced staff to expedite the management of your course.
- Six Arthroscopic Towers
- Mini C-arm
- Large C-arm
- Portable X-ray
- Dedicated basic instrument sets for each station
- Overhead OR lamp
- Portable OR lamps
- 2500 square foot surgical training space
- Acquisition and disposition of fresh anatomical specimens
- Internet-equipped reception area
- Locker room with shower
- Full personal protection equipment
- Conference room with state-of-the-art A/V equipment
- Flat panel monitors throughout surgical lab
- Two-way conferencing between the STAT lab and two OR suites